Everstream - Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
This AUP is incorporated by reference in your Service Order Form with
Everstream and your service may be suspended or terminated for violation of
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to
You may not use Everstream' network to engage in, foster, or promote illegal,
abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including
any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network
or to breach security or authentication measures without express
authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the express
authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user of the Everstream or other
network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate
attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner's
- Collecting or using email addresses, screen names or other identifiers
without the consent of the person identified (including, without limitation,
phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting);
- Collecting or using information without the consent of the owner of the
- Use of any false, misleading, or deceptive TCP-IP packet header
information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting;
- Use of the service to distribute software that covertly gathers
information about a user or covertly transmits information about the user;
- Use of the service for distribution of advertisement delivery software
- the user affirmatively consents to the download and installation of
such software based on a clear and conspicuous notice of the nature of
the software, and
- the software is easily removable by use of standard tools for such
purpose included on major operating systems; (such as Microsoft's
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the
Everstream network or website, or Everstream' employees, officers or
other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server
being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS).
You must take reasonable security precautions in light of your use of the
Everstream services. You must protect the confidentiality of your password(s),
and you should change your password(s) periodically.
A compromised server is potentially disruptive to Everstream' network and
other customers. Therefore Everstream may take your server off line if it is
accessed or manipulated by third party without your consent.
Bulk or Commercial E-Mail
You must comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and other laws and regulations
applicable to bulk or commercial e-mail. In addition, you must obtain
Everstream' advance approval for any bulk e-mail, which will not be given
unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to CoreNetwork'
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via
some affirmative means, such as a confirmed opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to
ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for
which the consent is given. A bulk mail campaign will not be allowed unless examples of these records can be produced.
- You retain evidence of the recipient's consent in a form that may be
promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient's and Everstream'
requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to revoke their
consent - such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply
with the word "Remove" in the subject line; you honor revocations of consent
within 48 hours, and you notify recipients that the revocation of their
consent will be implemented in 48 hours;
- You must post an e-mail address for complaints (such as firstname.lastname@example.org)
in a conspicuous place on any Web site associated with the e-mail, you must
register that address at abuse.net, and you must promptly respond to
messages sent to that address;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints; and
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail
must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in
the "TO" line of the e-mail.
- We do not allow obfuscation of any content in bulk mail campaigns.
This includes adding random data into the headers or body of the
emails in attempts to bypass spam blocking mechanisms. We do not
allow using random domain names completely unrelated to the content
you are sending in an attempt to bypass domain blacklists.
- The campaign would not be allowed if it violates the policies of the
system or network that you are attempting to deliver your mail to.
These policies apply to messages sent using your Everstream service, or to
messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly
or indirectly refer the recipient to a site or an e-mail address hosted via your
Everstream service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service
that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers. These
requirements apply to distribution lists prepared by third parties to the same
extent as if the list were created by you.
Everstream may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its
requirements, and may block the transmission of e-mail that violates these
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of a
Everstream system or network or to breach Everstream' security or
authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques, without
Everstream' express written consent.
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin
board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and
USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These
groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass
postings to multiple forums.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in
using your Everstream services.
You may not publish or transmit via Everstream' network and equipment any
content or links to any content that Everstream reasonably believes:
- Constitutes, fosters, or promotes child pornography;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or
contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any
jurisdiction, including chain letters, pyramid schemes, HYIP, and lottery sites;
- is defamatory or violates a person's privacy;
- creates a risk to a person's safety or health, creates a risk to public
safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a
investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary
information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright
- infringes on another person's copyright, trade or service mark, patent,
or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal
gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws
applicable to you or to Everstream; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against
Everstream by offended viewers.
Content "published or transmitted" via Everstream' network or equipment
includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type
of posting or transmission that relies on the Internet.
You may not use Everstream' network or equipment to download, publish,
distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any text, music, software, art,
image, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the
work to copy the work in that manner;
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law
to copy the work in that manner.
Everstream may terminate the service of copyright infringers.
Copyright Infringement Notice (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person using the
Everstream network, please send your written notice of copyright infringement
1515 Turf Lane, Suite 100
East Lansing, Michigan 48823
Your notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on
behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed,
or if multiple copyrighted works at a single site are covered by a single
notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be
the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to
which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit
Everstream to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Everstream to contact you,
such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material
in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the
copyright owner's agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and
under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the
owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Cooperation with Investigations and Legal Proceedings
Everstream may, without notice to you:
- report to the appropriate authorities any conduct by you that it
believes violates applicable criminal law, and
provide any information it has about you in response to a formal or informal
request from a law enforcement or government agency, or in response to a formal
request in a civil action that on its face meets the requirements for such a
- You must have valid and current information on file with your domain
name registrar for any domain hosted on the Everstream network.
- You may only use IP addresses assigned to you by Everstream staff in
connection with your Everstream services.
You agree that if the Everstream IP numbers assigned to your account are
listed on Spamhaus, Spews, NJABL or other abuse databases, you will be in
violation of this AUP, and Everstream may take reasonable action to protect
its IP numbers, including suspension and/or termination of your Service,
regardless of whether the IP numbers were listed as a result of your actions.
Consequences of Violation of AUP
Everstream may without notice to you, suspend your service or remove any
content transmitted via the Everstream service if it discovers facts that lead
it to reasonably believe your service is being used in violation of this AUP.
You must cooperate with Everstream' reasonable investigation of any suspected
violation of the AUP. Everstream will attempt to contact you prior to
suspension of network access to your server(s), however, prior notification is
You are strictly responsible for the violation of this AUP, including violation
by your customers, and including violations that occur due to unauthorized use
of your service.
Everstream may charge you its hourly rate for AUP breach recovery (currently
$250.00) plus the cost of equipment and material needed to (i) investigate or
otherwise respond to any suspected violation of this AUP, (ii) remedy any harm
caused to Everstream or any of its customers by the violation of this AUP,
(iii) respond to complaints, including complaints under the Digital Millennium
Copyright Act, (iv) respond to subpoenas and other third party requests for
information as described in the Master Services Agreement, and (v) have
Everstream' Internet Protocol numbers removed from any abuse database. No
credit will be available for interruptions of service resulting from AUP
violations including unauthorized compromise of your server.
Amendments to AUP
The Internet is still evolving, and the ways in which the Internet may be
abused are also still evolving. Therefore, we may from time to time amend this
AUP to further detail or describe reasonable restrictions on your use of our
Everstream is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to
monitor or police our customers' activities and disclaims any responsibility for
any misuse of the Everstream network. Everstream disclaims any obligation to
any person who has not entered into an agreement with Everstream for services.